Meet the Founder
We love building PCs and the people who build them. That's why we develop and continuously evolve products of the highest quality: to make creating extraordinary PCs achievable and fun for all gamers.
Meet Johnny Hou, NZXT Founder
- Who are you creating for?
- PC Gamers. They're the most passionate about gaming. It's why we're always focused on solving problems for that community. Pretty much everyone at NZXT is a PC gamer.
- Biggest challenges?
- Because I was so young, getting people to listen, especially manufacturers, was difficult. It was a battle to get a lot of things accomplished how I envisioned them. But overcoming that made me more confident.
- What drives NZXT designs?
- Again, builders and gamers are central to our designs. We're always asking, what do they need? How can we make PC building and gaming an even better experience?
- What was your first big "win"?
- Phantom was huge. Back in 2010, nobody sold white cases. Everyone told me not to do it, even competitors. But it quickly became a bestseller and we continue to sell the most white gaming cases in the world.
- Talk about the early days of NZXT.
- It was intense for the first 4 or 5 years. It was more of a hobby and I didn't really have a vision. I just knew I was doing something I loved. I had my hands in everything from product design to manuals, our website, packaging, you name it.
- What kind of culture do you promote at NZXT?
- I want my team to feel like they are accomplishing something meaningful and to feel ownership over their work. I'm pretty hands-off.