Effective Date: June 22, 2022
This Policy explains:
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect such information;
- How we use and share that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
Please read this Policy carefully and contact us with any questions or concerns at:
- Email: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Post: NZXT Inc., Attention: Legal, 15736 E. Valley Blvd, City of Industry, CA 91744.
Types of information we collect
If you are submitting a job application or attending an interview or assessment, you may provide various information to us.
Accordingly, this Policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by NZXT, its subsidiaries and its affiliates during the application or recruitment process including, without limitation:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Your identifying documents (driver’s licenses, passport, visa, etc.);
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information processed during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to NZXT and/or any previous employment history with NZXT;
- Information about you and your application from your recruiter, current and former employers and/or referees (with your consent – for example, if you have given us permission to contact your referees as part of the application process), who may be based inside or outside your home jurisdiction;
- Your information from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process.
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by NZXT for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at NZXT;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to NZXT’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
- As part of our commitment to equal opportunity employment, we may process information regarding your membership in various organizations to support our diversity and inclusion efforts. This may include associating participant membership with sensitive and/or demographic information.
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of NZXT, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with NZXT, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Legal basis for processing your information
If EU or UK data protection laws apply to the procession of your information, our legal basis for collecting and processing your information is as follows:
Our legitimate interests, namely the recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of new employees and the management and administration of the recruitment and HR process, to the extent these activities do not prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms;
Compliance with our legal obligations where employment law or other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example to the extent the law requires the monitoring equality of opportunity and diversity); and
Other legal grounds where applicable such as in your vital interests (for example, health and safety reasons if you attend an interview at our site) and agreements with employee representations.
Who may have access to your information; With whom will we share your information
- Your information may be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described above. If you have been referred for a job at NZXT by a current NZXT employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the NZXT employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current NZXT employee, we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
- NZXT may also use service providers acting on NZXT’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification / background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- NZXT may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
- We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your references), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of NZXT, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to NZXT.
- NZXT operates globally, which means your information may be stored and processed outside of the country or region where it was originally collected. In some of these countries, you may have fewer rights in respect of your information than you do in your country of residence. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this Policy. We also comply with certain legal frameworks relating to the transfer of data. The European Commission has determined that certain countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) adequately protect personal data. You can review current European Commission adequacy decisions on the Commission website. To transfer data from the EEA to other countries, including the United States, we comply with legal frameworks that establish an equivalent level of protection with EU law.
- Model contract clauses. The European Commission has approved the use of model contract clauses as a means of ensuring adequate protection when transferring data outside of the EEA. By incorporating model contract clauses into a contract established between the parties transferring data, personal data is considered protected when transferred outside the EEA or the UK to countries which are not covered by an adequacy decision. We rely on these model contract clauses for data transfers, as applicable.
NZXT takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
Our retention of your information
If you apply for a job at NZXT and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), NZXT will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at NZXT and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact [email@example.com]. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
Your rights in respect of your information
Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to NZXT processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time. These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
In certain countries and jurisdictions, including the State of California, you may have certain rights under data protection laws. These may include, without limitation, the right to:
- access and obtain a copy of your information on request;
- require the organization to change incorrect or incomplete information;
- require the organization to delete or stop processing your information, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your information where the organization is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the organization to stop processing information for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organization’s legitimate grounds for processing information.
If you wish to exercise a right with respect to your information please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
If you are in the EEA, the UK, the State of California or Brazil and if you can’t find the answer to your question in this Policy, you can contact us at [email@example.com]. Depending on your country of residence, you may also raise any questions or concerns you have regarding your personal information with your local data protection authority.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this Policy on this page. Each version of this Policy is identified at the top of the page by its effective date.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us by updating your profile account information or contacting us via the contact details at the top of this Policy.
15736 E. Valley Blvd.
City of Industry, CA 91744-3927
Last updated: June 22, 2022